Nelson, Lancashire -- (ReleaseWire) -- 09/23/2016 -- Many of you will already have heard this all over the news and the radio, but for those of you that haven't – a RAC survey has recently revealed that the number of motorists illegally using their handheld mobile phones while behind the wheel has risen drastically and in line with this the government are now looking to toughen punishments in order to deter people from doing just this. With many people claiming that they simply use their mobile phones while driving because they know that they can get away with it, it is time for people to stop and think about the could be consequences of what they're doing.
Here are a few of the shocking things in which the recent RAC survey highlighted:
- In 2014 8% of people admitted to using a handheld phone while driving, this figure has now risen to a humongous 31%.
- The number of people texting and posting on social media while drive rose from 7% to 19% in the same period.
- 14% of people have taken videos or photographs while behind the wheel.
- 7% of people who admitted to using their handheld mobile whilst driving said that they did so because they knew that they could get away with doing so.
- 23% of people claimed to have used their mobile while driving because of emergencies.
- 12% of people who admitted to using their phone said it was now a habit.
A spokesperson from leading air hose and hose couplings supplier The Hosemaster was keen to comment on the recent survey saying, "With so many people now stupidly using their handheld devices while driving, and in turn not focusing 100% on the roads and their driving, it is now more important than ever for all to concentrate impeccably, in case other drivers are not looking what they are doing. Not only do people need to focus, but also to ensure that they're cars are 100% fit for driving, and for all looking for hose, coupling, ducting, clamps, clips or fittings – here at The Hosemaster we can help!"
About The Hosemaster
The Hosemaster work closely with some of the largest and most leading manufacturers and are therefore able to provide the best range of automotive hose fittings and all related products, at the most competitive prices.
Company name: The Hosemaster
Tel: 01282 604002
Contact person: Mark Schofield
Address: 5/6 Kenyon Court Kenyon Road Nelson BB9 5TF
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Mark Schofield